How To Fix AOL Gold Update Error
Are you tired of failed AOL Desktop gold update error? Explore this post to fix AOL Desktop gold update failed error on your own. However, if you choose to solve AOL Gold upgrade error by an expert then call AOL Customer Service number 1-888-373-1444.
AOL Desktop Gold needs no introduction. In 2017, AOL Desktop upgraded to AOL Desktop Gold with advanced features like enhanced security features and auto-update. To meet ongoing advancement and to provide a seamless experience on AOL interface, AOL comes up with upgrades every now and then. AOL understands how difficult and time-consuming update can be. Hence AOL Gold is designed to come with auto-update wherein your AOL Desktop Gold will detect whenever a new update file is available and will update on its own.
However, just like various other software, sometimes even AOL Desktop Gold comes up with technical snag. Many times users have complained Automatic update of AOL Gold does not work. In laymen terms, this problem does not allow the computer to download AOL Desktop Gold update. In such cases, the user has to manually update the AOL Gold. If you are facing AOL desktop gold update error, you can check this blog or you can contact AOL Customer Servicer number 1-888-373-1444 to speak to an expert.
System Requirement for AOL Desktop Gold Update
It is important that the computer where you have Install AOL Desktop Gold should meet the specification for the smooth functioning of AOL Gold.
Browser: Internet Explorer 7+
RAM: 1GB, minimum of 512 MB free space on the hard drive
OS: Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution recommended
Internet Connection: Required
Reason Why AOL Gold Update failed
There can be various reasons why automatic upgrade of AOL does not work. Some of them are listed below:
Installed AOL Desktop gold is corrupted
It is the most common reason for why AOL Gold updates fail. There are chances that the installed AOL desktop gold is corrupted which leads to dysfunctioning of AOL Gold. It is highly advised that you download AOL Gold from the official website of AOL or from a trusted source.
As mentioned earlier that it is important for the computer to meet the specification of AOL. AOL Gold software needs sufficient space of RAM to download, install and update the AOL Gold. Hence make sure the computer must have at least 1 GB of RAM.
Sometimes Firewall can block AOL Desktop functioning that could block AOL update.
The process of update of AOL Gold requires good internet speed. Slow internet connectivity can cause failed AOL Upgrade.
Windows update is disabled
If windows update option is disabled then auto-update of AOL will fail. Check in the control panel if the Windows update is disabled or enabled.
What happens if you do not solve AOL Gold update error
The reason for AOL to launch update is to fix any technical glitches present in the previous version. If AOL Desktop gold Fails to update then you the AOL gold will not function smoothly and you may experience various AOL Gold problems. Hence it is highly recommended to resolve AOL Gold Update error quickly.
8 Fix to Troubleshoot AOL Desktop Gold Update Error
Solution 1: To begin with troubleshooting of Failed AOL Gold Update, we need to isolate if the computer on which AOL Gold is installed is causing the problem. If the computer meets the above-mentioned specification then try to update AOL Desktop Gold manually.
How to update AOL Desktop Gold Manually on Windows
- Reboot your computer.
- Open any browser like Chrome and download AOL Desktop Gold update.
- Save the update on your computer so that you can access it later.
- After the AOL Gold update is downloaded, Double click on the downloaded file.
- Click on the Run option. The process of installation of the update will start. Enter the AOL credential when asked.
- After the AOL Gold is upgraded, restart the computer and launch AOL Gold.
How to update AOL Desktop Gold Manually on MAC
Though the process of Update of AOL gold on MAC is same as Windows the term used is different hence follow the steps for AOL Desktop Gold manually for MAC to avoid confusion.
- Open the browser on your computer.
- Go for AOL Desktop Gold update download from a reliable source.
- Click on the file and follow on instructions to complete the update
- Restart the computer and launch AOL Desktop Gold.
Solution 2: Enable Windows update
- On your computer, go to search and type update. Select “Update windows options”.
- Go to ‘Change settings”. Right-click on it and select “important settings”.
- Select the option “Install Update automatically” and check in front of it.
- Check the features that ask for important and recommended updates. Save the changes.
Solution 3 Perform a disk clean up action.
Solution 4 Disable Antivirus temporarily and verify if the update runs successfully.
Solution 5: Make sure that firewall is not blocking AOL gold.
- Go to Start> type firewall in search. Select “Windows Defender Firewall”
- Choose “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option
- Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources while checking it allows access.
Call AOL Customer Service 1-888-373-1444
After resolving the above steps, check if AOL Desktop Gold Update Error still exists. Contact AOL Customer Service Number 1-888-373-1444. Our technical experts have resolved various cases on AOL Gold Automatic update not working and other issues as well. Our experts have more than 5 years of experience with AOL and have resolved more than 2000 cases of AOL Desktop Gold.