Restore the Missing AOL Desktop Gold Icon Permanently
In my last blog about AOL SMTP Setup, I was asked by many users how to recover AOL Desktop Gold icon. This is another very common problem that is faced by the AOL Desktop Gold users. While in the last meeting with our AOL Customer Service Technical team, we discussed a few common problems that are faced by the AOL Desktop Gold users. Out of all the issue, one is AOL Desktop Gold Icon missing. After the discussion, we decided to craft the solution for those problems to help our readers in their troubleshooting.
There is no doubt that AOL Desktop Gold is still one of the most preferred choices for browsing on the internet. It’s all in one feature makes it popular among the users in most part of the US. Still, nothing comes perfect and so is AOL Desktop Gold. It could be highly annoying at times when you want to access your mail urgently but couldn’t find the AOL Desktop Gold icon.
However, the troubleshooting of AOL Desktop Gold icon missing is simple few steps methods and can be easily rectified at your end. However, should you need any assistance in configuring it permanently by our Experts, you can contact AOL Customer Service number +1-888-373-1444
Why Missing AOL Desktop Gold Icon Occurs
There could be many reason why suddenly icon is missing on your AOL Desktop Gold
- There is a chance that AOL Desktop icon got deleted accidentally while arranging the desktop icons.
- Any particular Antivirus software might be hampering with the functioning of AOL Desktop Gold.
- There could be a compatibility problem between the system requirement and software.
- Failed update of AOL Desktop.
Steps To Recover AOL Desktop Gold Icon
Most of the user go for a temporary workaround like creating a shortcut on the screen
or download AOL Desktop gold and reinstall it again.
However, temporary workarounds are annoying as the problem persist again and again. Hence today, I will share both temporary and permanent fix to recover AOL Desktop Gold Icon.
- Open AOL Gold software
- Navigate to the AOL gold icon present in the dock.
- A pop-up menu will appear
- Click the option ‘keep in the dock’
- Click on the expand icon
- Right click on AOL Desktop Icon
- Select Create Desktop Shortcut
- Right-click on the PC’s Home Screen
- Navigate to View
- And click on Show Desktop Icons
Advanced Troubleshooting To Recover AOL Desktop Icon
If the problem consistently occurs after every few days, the probable cause could be due to too many broken shortcuts that might have been created at the back-end. The below-advanced methods can be used to recover AOL Desktop Gold Icon. You can try one step at a time and find out which method works for you.
1. Create the AOL Desktop Gold icon from installed AOL files on the system
2. Disable Task Scheduler
In PC, all the corrupted files are deleted by task scheduler and that could be the culprit behind the missing icon on AOL Desktop Gold. You can disable the task scheduler on your PC by following the below steps:
- Click on Start window icon and select programs
- Navigate to Accessories and ‘System tools’. Open the task scheduler’s window.
- Select the Microsoft folder.
- click on Windows, select on ‘Diagnosis’ option.
- Right-click on the available schedule and select ‘Disable’. Additionally, you need to change the time on your computer.
- Restart your computer and you should be good to go.
3. Clear icon.db Cache file
- Near the windows panel, click on search and type Run
- Type Regedit
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >Software->Microsoft->Windows->Current Version->Explore. Now change the “Max Cached Icons” to 10000 or any other value larger than 10000.
- After that, go to “C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local” and right-click on‘IconCache.db’ file and select delete option. Reboot your PC.